March 4th 2019
Member Query – Shareholding Requirements
In this member request, a query is raised regarding Shareholding Requirements applicable to senior executives. The member would like to know the following:
1. What levels of shareholding do you require CEOs and non executive directors to hold?
2. Over what period do you require the shareholding to be built up?
3. Do you require individuals to buy shares to meet the requirement if they have not achieved the shareholding requirement in the set time frame?
4. Do any shares count towards the shareholding requirement, which are not actually vested and owned by the individual?
5. Do you require any level of shareholding to continue after an individual has left the organisation?
The results from the survey are summarised at the end of the document.
This resource is available to PARC members only. To access, please log in with your username and password.
You May Also be Interested in
October 8th 2019
Is Stewardship Really the Role of the Investor
In the context of Corporate Governance, the idea of ‘stewardship’ marks a shift in the expectations placed on shareholders. Those who invest in a company are now expected to take a more active interest in its overall sustainability – and in its behaviour as a good corporate citizen, i.e. its ‘ESG’ (environmental, social and corporate governance) performance.View Research
March 13th 2017
Member Query - Shareholding Requirements
In this member query, a question is raised regarding shareholding requirements, including what percentage of salary companies have for their shareholding requirements for CEOs.Read Member Query
October 11th 2018
Member Query - Implementing Shareholder Requirements
In this member query, a member is keen to understand what grades people implement shareholding requirement down to.Read Member Query