May 19th 2020
Geopolitical Outlook – A lot has changed! – Amelia Hadfield’s slides
2020 Post Covid appraisals - Amelia Hadfield's slides
- How will the crisis affect the balance of power - weakening some states and strengthening others?
- Will the major trading nations return to a broad economic consensus or continue to fragment into hostile tribes, blaming each other?
- Will globalisation go into reverse as countries hunker down and seek to be more self-sufficient - or will it herald a new era of international co–operation?
- How will the hit to the US economy affect Trump’s chances of re-election?
- Will countries with weakened economies seek refuge in populism, or revert to ‘safer’ traditional political parties?
- Will the crisis change our habits to the point where it has an effect on climate change & energy usage?
- Will the dispute over central bank intervention stretch EU unity to its limits?
- Brexit Redux?
This resource is available to PARC members only. To access, please log in with your username and password.
You May Also be Interested in
August 12th 2020
Radical Uncertainty Zoom Interactive Event with John Kay
On 12 August 2020, PARC members gathered for "Radical Uncertainty", a Zoom Interactive Event led by economist John Kay. John latest book, co-authored with Mervyn King and also titled "Radical Uncertainty" explains that we deal with uncertainties by attaching prior probabilities to uncertain events. Contemporary approaches to things we simply do not and cannot know rely on a false understanding of our power to make predictions.Watch Video
May 5th 2020
What Is Happening To The Economy With Roger Bootle
On 5th May 2020, PARC and CRF members gathered for What Is Happening to the Economy?, a Zoom Interactive Event. Economist, Chairman of Capital Economics, and Telegraph columnist Roger Bootle led us in discussion of the current and potential future impact of COVID-19 on the economy.Watch Video
May 7th 2020
Post Meeting Notes - What is Happening to the Economy?
On 5th May 2020, PARC and CRF members gathered for What Is Happening to the Economy?, a Zoom Interactive Event. Economist, Chairman of Capital Economics, and Telegraph columnist Roger Bootle led us in discussion of the current and potential future impact of COVID-19 on the economy.Read Post Meeting Review
May 6th 2020
What is Happening to the Economy - Roger Bootle Presentation Slides
Presentation at Virtual Series - What is happening to the Economy?View Presentation
January 14th 2014
Progress - Issue 1: All Change
Within the inaugural edition of our new e-magazine, Progress, the Economist’s Intelligence Unit’s Managing Director, Robin Bew, and Chief Economist, Simon Baptist, discuss how 2014 will mark the beginning of a clear global economic recovery and identify the major trends for business in the year ahead.Read Article
July 14th 2014
Progress - Issue 2: Is the Euro Zone Crisis Over?
Within this second edition of our e-magazine - Progress - Martin Koehring, Senior Editor at The Economist Intelligence Unit asks ‘Is the euro zone crisis over?’.Read Article